Where to Buy?

The culmination of 24 years of pen and paper design. A balanced classless system designed from the ground up.

Aspect has an easy to learn combat system that uses the same basic mechanics for physical, mental, and social combat - allowing you to play as a diplomat, sage, warrior, or anything you can dream of, and still contribute to the adventure in exciting ways.

Moderator: Heather Gunn

Where to Buy?

Postby Kaleb7 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Is Aspect available via standard distribution channels? (ie FLGS) Or is it online only at this point?
Thanks!
Kaleb7

Re: Where to Buy?

Postby calin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:21 pm

So far, our products are only available through http://www.stonetabletgames.com

Thanks for your interest. :)
calin
Site Admin

Postby Kaleb7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Sold, put in my order a couple days ago :)
Kaleb7

Postby Hybban » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:37 am

Quick question, do you plan on releasing the pdf of the game through dtrpg or rpgnow?
Hybban

Postby Heather Gunn » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Yes, we will be releasing the PDF through probably both Drivethru and RPGNow. I unfortunately don't have a specific timeframe for that to give you, but we will mention it here when it happens. =D
Heather Gunn

Postby Hybban » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:02 pm

For those who would still get cold feet, I ordered my book 3 days ago and received today. First quick reading, I'm impressed. Very interesting!
So, for those of us who buy the beta book, will there be a special offer on the final book?
(or on the pdf price?)

Just asking, it is a good incentive to get people investing in the Core Book after all.
Hybban

Postby Heather Gunn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Hybban wrote:For those who would still get cold feet, I ordered my book 3 days ago and received today. First quick reading, I'm impressed. Very interesting!
So, for those of us who buy the beta book, will there be a special offer on the final book?
(or on the pdf price?)

Just asking, it is a good incentive to get people investing in the Core Book after all.

I'm glad you're enjoying the book so far.

Will we be offering incentives? Yes! We absolutely intend to give special incentives to those who bought into the beta early. However, these plans have not solidified, but will probably come in the form of a substantial discount on the final book, which won't be coming until at least next year (when it's done!). So your purchase of the beta will go towards this. Unfortunately, we don't really have a way of verifying folks who might pick it up at a brick and mortar store, so this applies to web and in-person (cons, etc.) purchases only.

Until then, we will be providing errata for free as it comes, always based off of the first beta copy of the book. Depending on how drastic the changes are, we may end up doing a second beta printing, but the errata will always be here on the forums as well (and any discount would also apply to that printing).

I want to point out again that this is a beta of the game, so it is subject to change - especially based on your feedback. Read it, play it, let us know how it goes. Despite the name of our company, Aspect is not set in stone. :D (and even if it were, we have stoneshapers onsite just in case)
Heather Gunn

Postby Hybban » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:09 am

Heather Gunn wrote:I'm glad you're enjoying the book so far.

I do. It's a great take on 4E and the book is already complete and has a great content for 25$.

Heather Gunn wrote:Will we be offering incentives? Yes! We absolutely intend to give special incentives to those who bought into the beta early. However, these plans have not solidified, but will probably come in the form of a substantial discount on the final book, which won't be coming until at least next year (when it's done!). So your purchase of the beta will go towards this. Unfortunately, we don't really have a way of verifying folks who might pick it up at a brick and mortar store, so this applies to web and in-person (cons, etc.) purchases only.

Great news. If you suddenly have a few registrations coming from France and a few downloads (and even orders), it's because I talked highly about your work in my home country :)

I knew a few 4E fans who are looking for different things, having issues with the HP inflation for example. So I think that this should appeal to them.

Now trying to find a motivated group to try something new...
Hybban

Postby Heather Gunn » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:26 am

Hybban wrote:I knew a few 4E fans who are looking for different things, having issues with the HP inflation for example. So I think that this should appeal to them.

This is one of the major benefits of the lack of levelmods, which of course was one of the goals of Aspect. By keeping damage and hp static, we are able to solidly plan and balance the number of turns a combat takes (which somewhat varies depending on the player and enemy combat roles. Strikers speed up combat, defenders slow it down). 4E's combat takes far too long.

And while 4E was a partial inspiration, you'll find that Aspect was inspired by a variety of sources. The biggest thing that inspired us from 4E (and frankly Magic: The Gathering) was the simple formatting for powers. We had done something like it with previous iterations of some of our spellcasters, but doing it across the board for all character types makes for a much more unified experience, especially important in Aspect since multiclassing is so easy.

I think I'm going to have to do a 'inspiration behind Aspect' dev diary soon. =D
Heather Gunn

Postby Hybban » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Heather Gunn wrote:I think I'm going to have to do a 'inspiration behind Aspect' dev diary soon. =D

That would be great. but we really are off-topic now :)
Hybban

Next

Return to Αspect