Your favorite movie - In Aspect

The culmination of 24 years of pen and paper design. A balanced classless system designed from the ground up.

Aspect has an easy to learn combat system that uses the same basic mechanics for physical, mental, and social combat - allowing you to play as a diplomat, sage, warrior, or anything you can dream of, and still contribute to the adventure in exciting ways.

Moderator: Heather Gunn

Re: Your favorite movie - In Aspect

Postby Kenlow » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Hmmm...

How then would you play Vader vs Luke: Round One? Vader has Physically Defeated Luke in the depths of Cloud City (hand). This same act has more than likely cut some Mental Wounds into Luke. Loosing a limb can kinda get to you if you let it. Vader does NOT want to kill his son, so he tries more Mental and Social attacks.

V, "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father."
L, "He told me enough. He told me you killed him.
V, "No, Luke. I am your father." (And the world goes :o )
L, "No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!!"
V, "Search your feelings, and you'll know it to be true."
L, "NOOOOO!!!"

At this point, Luke is effectively Mentally Defeated. Now, what happens next though, makes me wonder about Luke.

V, "Come with me, it is the only way."
Luke goes Base Jumping, Vader goes :shock:
So, my question is, what Power did Luke pull out of his tukas to summon the courage to do this?
Kenlow

Postby Cal » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Luke wasn't physically defeated by losing his hand. He was badly wounded and subject to a status effect that would last until he could see a healer. With Luke removed as a physical threat, and having an intent requiring the boy to live, he lays on a heavy social assault. Luke has little chance of defeating Vader physically at this point, and knows it. But he can still thwart Vader's objective and maybe escape by dropping. Hope and resolve remain, however slim. After a fall and narrowly catching a weather vane he manages, despite being wounded in all 3 aspects, to employ Jedi Power Telepathy and call for help.
Cal

Postby ReddbullJesus » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Puss in Boots is a pretty obvious one.

A Swift style Catten
ReddbullJesus

Postby Cal » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Crocodile Dundee, "This is a knife." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4 Implement assisted one hit mental takedown vs. a NY street thug. Take down the enemy boss, his minions scatter.
Cal

Previous

Return to Αspect