Request a Monster!

The culmination of 24 years of pen and paper design. A balanced classless system designed from the ground up.

Aspect has an easy to learn combat system that uses the same basic mechanics for physical, mental, and social combat - allowing you to play as a diplomat, sage, warrior, or anything you can dream of, and still contribute to the adventure in exciting ways.

Moderator: Heather Gunn

Re: Request a Monster!

Postby Solaris » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks for the ogre. I haven't had a chance to test it yet because of the way my campaign is progressing. I'll let you know how they perform. We're the playing this weekend again. If dark elves are a copyright problem, then maybe "rogue elves" could be a substitute.

Solaris
Solaris

Postby calin » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:45 am

"Drow" would probably be a copyright problem, but "Dark Elves" not as much.

Norse mythology has two kinds of dark elves, the Dökkálfar and the Svartálfar.
Tolkien's legendarium mentions Moriquendi, and Raymond E. Feist's novels have the Moredhel.

So we're free to invent our own variety of dark elves, but might want to be careful about simply renaming the Drow.
calin
Site Admin

Postby The War Bunny » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:24 am

I have been slowly building a following for Aspect here, (I think you know how it is with gamers and new systems), and so far I am progressing forward. The one down side is that monster creation does not lend itself to the quick and off the cuff style I tend to use in my games. Is there a comprehensive monster compendium coming soon? (I find that I need more of the standard race types: Humans, elves, fae-touched, etc...)

Creating a bunch of bandits for coming scenario is getting a little tedious.

Rick, Lord War Bunny
The War Bunny

Postby Heather Gunn » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:12 am

This is my current list of monsters. You'll note a few oddities because of recent changes: Wit is now Savvy (or Sav) and Willpower is now Discipline (or Dis). Some of the monsters have the nifty action symbols used in the modules. It has a good deal of stock monsters that are missing in the beta printing: bears, werewolves, ogres, pixies, human guards and dark clerics, demons, imps, giant insects, and whatnot.

Aspect-Monsters.pdf

I also recommend using the precon PCs from the Derriston Fire and Here There Be Demons (posted elsewhere in the forums) as they can be particularly useful bosses or lieutenants. Just be wary because they are worth 140xp, so can be quite tough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heather Gunn

Previous

Return to Αspect