Armor Check Penalty

The culmination of 24 years of pen and paper design. A balanced classless system designed from the ground up.

Aspect has an easy to learn combat system that uses the same basic mechanics for physical, mental, and social combat - allowing you to play as a diplomat, sage, warrior, or anything you can dream of, and still contribute to the adventure in exciting ways.

Moderator: Heather Gunn

Armor Check Penalty

Postby Balain » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:32 am

I can't believe this hasn't come up with our group yet. But is ACP stacked or not? I suspect they all add up.

If this is the case, you can have a very high ACP making some skill checks nearly impossible to do. I can see this in combat obviously. How ever in a not combat situation is your shield included. I mean you don't need to be carrying it around on your arm while searching a fallen victim right or a secret door.
Balain

Re: Armor Check Penalty

Postby calin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:23 am

Yes, armor check penalties do stack. If you are wearing heavy enough armor, yes - it can make certain things nearly impossible to do.

Regarding shields, the penalty applies any time the shield is equipped. If the GM wants to assume that characters are putting down or packing up their shields whenever they aren't in combat, that's fine... just remember that they won't have any protection from the shields in case of a surprise attack.

You could remove all your armor and put down your weapons if you want to temporarily get rid of the ACP, just remember the time it will take to get back into your gear.
calin
Site Admin

Return to Αspect