Request a Monster!

The culmination of 24 years of pen and paper design. A balanced classless system designed from the ground up.

Aspect has an easy to learn combat system that uses the same basic mechanics for physical, mental, and social combat - allowing you to play as a diplomat, sage, warrior, or anything you can dream of, and still contribute to the adventure in exciting ways.

Moderator: Heather Gunn

Request a Monster!

Postby Heather Gunn » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Yeah, that's right. Put your monster requests here, I'll pick one to make and it will go into the book. Not only that, but I will be posting the monsters HERE as they are made, making them available to you before the next edition of the book is released.

It isn't that I'm at a lack of monster ideas, quite the contrary. I just want to see what you would like to see.
Heather Gunn

Re: Request a Monster!

Postby Palimbar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:04 pm

An Axe demon, or more easily said, Demon + Axe = Demonic Intelligent Axe. I believe it should favor using a bow or sword :D

Hey, you said anything. It would work best as a guardian. I'm totally adapting it to aspect from 3rd Ed when I get the time!

"So you see, these are the trophies won from his time in the Abyss... no, DON'T TOUCH!"
"oops"
"RWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! <Shing!>"
"Oh goody, now we have to fight a walking talking Axe holding a .....HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKK!"
"oops... and piddle?"

Heh...
Palimbar

Postby calin » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:59 am

How about a sentry construct?

It is stationary (or has a very low movement rate - maybe just an immobile stance that it prefers to use), and guards entrances and whatnot.
It should have ranged attacks, attacks that can pull the target in close, and some sort of melee attack for if people do get too close.
The best part will be the cleverness people use to try to take advantage of the fact that it is stationary, and the tricks it can use to make that difficult.
If it had no ranged attacks, it'd be easy prey.
It could prepare attacks ('when an enemy comes into view, I'm going to shoot it) to keep people from stepping into view, hitting it with a minor, and stepping back out of view.

I can easily see critters like this being an exciting challenge for players of many different levels and strategic abilities.
One with all the powers and tricks might be really tough to get past, while a weaker one might just be an interesting challenge.
calin
Site Admin

Postby Kenlow » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Intelligent Demonic Axe, who favors a bow or sword. Well, I'd personally like to see this thing in a fight vs an Anthropamorphed Thor's Hammer.
Kenlow

Postby 7thcross » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Undead! I love undead creatures of all types, but my favorite are ghosts. Mainly because they exist for such a variety of reasons and they have a wide selection of powers.

I'm not sure what all creatures are currently in the book, but undead are my number one creature enemy, Lycanthropes and shapeshifters are a close second. Yes, I do like Van Richten and hunter types of games...
7thcross

Postby Heather Gunn » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Ah, a good point. The main book has:

Automatons (mechanical constructs), Darklings (shadow creatures), Dragonkin, Dragons, Dwarves, Elementals, Gargoyles, Ghosts, Ghouls, Giants, Goblins, Golems, Griffins, Hobgoblins, a Homunculus, Hydras, Insects (a swarm of beetles), Minotaurs, Mwungas (large carnivorous rodents from the ice plains), Orcs, Skeletons, Spiders (big ones), Temporal Abberations, Trolls, Vampires, Wolves, and Zombies. Of course Here There Be Demons has several imps, devils and demons as well (check out the freshly uploaded pdf at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24!). We also have a bunch of specs for other monster types, just no pre-made monsters using those races.

So yeah, what are we missing that you want to put in your game? I've been adding new creatures as I make them, essentially, which means I've been adding whatever I feel my games need. What do your games need?
Heather Gunn

Postby 7thcross » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:29 pm

No werewolves or other Lycanthropes? That's my monster then! Also, Dopplegangers, cause I love putting spies into parties.
7thcross

Postby Cal » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 pm

There are rules for shape shifting. The involuntary element and loss of self in lycanthropy would be a challenge if used for a player character. But for an NPC shape shifting should work fine.

For a doppelganger, are we just talking a good bonus to disguise, or taking on the powers of the person copied? For the latter I'm thinking a stance that would give a character use of the powers of another, but with their own stats.
Cal

Postby 7thcross » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I always pictured Werewolves as villains and monsters more than heroes anyway. Though losing control of the player should be a strictly storyline event and controlled by the GM rather than strictly by the rules, since the DM has to decide when the full moon will strike anyway.

As for the Doppleganger, mostly it would be disguise bonus, though it would have to be pretty high since he would need to be able to look exactly like whoever he was copying. Also, there's the whole mind-reading ability so he can act like who he's copying too. Copying powers would be very useful, since that way he could even act like they would in a fight, though it seems like he should only be able to copy powers that he could "learn" how to use by reading someones mind.

I personally like the idea of a "copy" power since that is one of my favorite superhero powers of all time. Mimic from the X-men is my hero. If only he could copy Gambit's attitude...
7thcross

Postby LightningFst » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:36 am

The copy ability could be made into a ritual instead of a power set. Although for some reason having the key item as a fedora came to mind and I can't think of anything else now. =p
LightningFst

Next

Return to Αspect